El Ranchito is currently looking for a Render Wrangler to join us at our Madrid facility as soon as possible.
Type of contract: Full-time. Long-term.
The Render Wrangler assists in the effective use of the computing resources (renderfarm) utilized in rendering computer generated images for our active projects. You will be responsible for monitoring and optimizing the rendering processes on the farm, ensuring that is working at full capacity.
▪ Monitor, manage and keep the render farm running at maximum capacity following production needs.
▪ Report failed jobs or any issue to Artists/Production.
▪ Check and re-start failed render tasks.
▪ Assist other team members, when required.
▪ Monitor disk space usage and flag high disk or network usage over-night.
▪ Restart unreliable blades and report them to the IT as necessary for later diagnosis.
▪ Provide additional information to, and where required, liaise with the IT team to assist in trouble-shooting larger technical issues.
• 0-2 years of professional experience. If you have worked in VFX or Animation industries will be a plus.
• Knowledge in Maya, Arnold, Vray, Houdini and Nuke; other software is a plus.
• Basic understanding of system administration tools and processes.
• Knowledge of farm managing software such us Deadline, Tractor or Qube is a plus.
• Ability to establish priorities and multi-task efficiently within a high-pressure environment.
• Able to communicate effectively across multiple teams.
• Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Willingness to work very flexible hours, including weekends and/or evenings.
• Fluent Spanish and English language skills, spoken and in writing.
• Eligible to work in Spain.
If you are interested, fill up the recruiting questionnaire, and please select Apply for / Other / Render Wrangler”.