El Ranchito is currently looking for a qualified mid/senior Character and Environment Lighting Artist to join us at one of our facilities, Madrid or Barcelona.
Duration of the contract: Short-term contract, April – June/July 2021
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lighting and rendering a broad range of high-class shots, from photo realistic visual effects to full CG animation
• Look Development of CG characters, props, sets and VFX elements
• Additional tasks include preparation of on-set captured data (HDRIs) and creating pre-comps in Nuke
• Develop visual solutions for specific effects
• Realizing the artistic vision of the VFX Supervisor with possible guidance from the CG Supervisor and Lighting Lead
• Consistently delivering shots that are creatively and technically excellent
• Be able to work with other departments (dmp, comp, layout, modelers) understanding their requirements.
• Provide technical and artistic solutions.
• Use the studio workflow and ensure all the upstream/downstream departments have what they require.
• Minimum of 4 years feature film or equivalent high-res (2K) experience
• Expert knowledge in Maya and Arnold.
• Proven in-depth experience in lighting, shading and rendering within a physically based renderer
• Basic Nuke knowledge
• Flexibility to adapt to pipelines and a problem-solving mentality.
• Fluent Spanish and English language skills, spoken and written.
• Ability to work well within a team.
• Eligible to work in Spain.
• Experience lighting characters with fur is preferred but not required.
If you are interested, fill up the recruiting questionnaire, please select Apply for / Other / Lighting Artist”.