El Ranchito is currently looking for a qualified Lighting Artist to join us at one of our offices (Madrid or Barcelona). Remote work during covid19’s special measures would be possible as well.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lighting and rendering a broad range of high-class shots, from photo realistic visual effects to full CG animation
- Look Development of CG characters, props, sets and VFX elements
- Additional tasks include preparation of on-set captured data (HDRIs) and creating pre-comps in Nuke
- Develop visual solutions for specific effects
- Realizing the artistic vision of the VFX Supervisor with possible guidance from the CG Supervisor and Lighting Lead
- Consistently delivering shots that are creatively and technically excellent
- Be able to work with other departments (dmp, comp, layout, modelers) understanding their requirements.
- Provide technical and artistic solutions.
- Use the studio workflow and ensure all the upstream/downstream departments have what they require.
- Minimum of 4 years feature film or equivalent high-res (2K) experience
- Expert knowledge in Maya and Arnold.
- Proven in-depth experience in lighting, shading and rendering within a physically based renderer
- Basic Nuke knowledge
- Flexibility to adapt to pipelines and a problem-solving mentality.
- Fluent Spanish and English language skills, spoken and written.
- Ability to work well within a team.
- Eligible to work in Spain.
If you are interested, fill up the recruiting questionnaire and please select Apply for / Other / Lighting Artist”.