El Ranchito is currently looking for a qualified Lead Creatures Modeler to join our team as soon as possible.
Type of contract: Long-term, Full-time. On-site job (Madrid or Barcelona)
The 3D Lead Creatures Modeler must assume responsibility for all of the creature modeling work done within the asset department or shows.
- Creating 3D character/creature models as briefed and/or in line with reference materials
- Communicate the creative brief from the VFX Supervisor to the modeling team
- Determine the technical and creative approach in conjunction with the supervisor
- Overcome technical issues of the Modeling department
- Promote interdepartmental collaboration, communicating with other departments and production in order to ensure that the model meets relevant requirements
- Mentor and help train other artists within the department
- Participate in meetings and asset reviews
- Staying on schedule and meeting set deadlines while maintaining the highest levels of quality
- 5+ years of experience creating high quality models for visual effects for film
- Expert knowledge in Maya, Photoshop, Zbrush, and or Mudbox
- Thorough understanding of traditional art skills (form, architecture, anatomy, topology, color theory, and UV mapping)
- Good balance between technical and artistic abilities
- Strong understanding of other department’s model requirements such as texturing, look development, animation and effects
- Ability to establish priorities and multi-task efficiently within a high-pressure environment
- Attention to detail required
- Communicating with other departments and production in order to ensure that the model meets relevant requirements
- Fluent Spanish and English language skills, spoken and in writing
- Eligible to work in Spain
If you are interested, fill up the recruiting questionnaire, please select Apply for / Lead Creatures Modeler”.