El Ranchito is currently looking for a qualified Generalist TD to join our team as soon as possible.
Type of work: Remote or on-site (Madrid/Barcelona). Long-term position.
The Generalist TD will be responsible for assuring the flawless operation of the tools, software, and workflows utilized on our award-winning VFX and Feature Animation productions as a Generalist Technical Director (CG TD).
You’ll be offering face-to-face technical support and help to artists, as well as creating new tools and scripts – primarily in Python – to satisfy the show’s special needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist and advise artists on technical matters.
- Work with the Head of 3D and R&D engineers to create new Python tools and workflows.
- Assist with the creation of the El Ranchito pipeline and its continuous improvement.
- Ensure that requests for new tools are in line with the company’s overall strategy. Create full photoreal CG assets/environments following the guidelines defined by the client and supervisors.
- Great communicator in addition to technical expertise and initiative
- Ability to communicate correctly between technical developers and non-technical artists will be essential.
- Solid grasp of the Visual Effects pipeline.
- Experience creating tools for DCC programs such as Maya or Houdini.
- Previous experience in Visual Effects or a comparable sector.
- Excellent Python, Houdini and Maya user.
- Knowledge with source control systems and team development.
- Flexibility to adapt to pipelines and a problem-solving mentality.
- Fluent Spanish and English language skills, spoken and written.
- Eligible to work in Spain.
If you are interested, please fill up the recruiting questionnaire that you can find in our website, and select Apply for / Other / Generalist TD”.